Yokohama-Kanagawa, Hodogaya, Totsuka
Kanagawajuku, Hodogayajuku, and Totsukajuku were post stations of the Tokaido
in the Edo period. They were located in the present Yokohama City which
has a lot of temples related to the opening a port in the last days of
the Tokugawa Shogunate.
In 1853, Matthew Calbraith Perry, Commodore of the U.S. Navy visited Japan and demanded the opening of Japan. Then the Tokugawa Shogunate made a treaty with the U.S. and opened Yokohama port which was still a small fishing village.
Now, Yokohama is a world-famous seaport. It is an exotic and modern city. Minato Mirai 21, Landmark Tower, Yokohama Bay Bridge or Chinatown are popular sightseeing spots and always lively with many people.
present Yokohama (Minato Mirai 21)
Hodogaya in the Edo era (ukiyo-e by Hiroshige)
- Narita International Airport about 86 minutes to Yokohama Station by express train
- Haneda Airport (Tokyo International Airport) 27 minutes to Yokohama Station by express train
- JR CENTRAL (Central Japan Railway Company) Bullet train service between Tokyo Station to Shin-Osaka Station
- JR EAST (East Japan Railway Company) Narita Express service connecting Narita International Airport with main station in and around Tokyo
- Keikyu (Keihin Electric Express Railway Company) express train service from Haneda Airport
- Airport Limousine Bus-Airport Transport Service
- YCAT (Yokohama City Air Terminal) airport limousine bus station, near Yokohama Station
- Minatomirai Line train service from Yokohama Station to Motomachi-Chukagai Station
Local cuisine: Sukiyaki
- Yokohama Royal Park Hotel (Minato Mirai, Nishi-ku) near Minato Mirai Station, Japanese restaurant with Sushi counter, Teppanyaki restaurant, Japanese tea ceremony room
- Pan Pacific Yokohama Bay Hotel Tokyu (Minato Mirai, Nishi-ku) near Minato Mirai Station, traditional Japanese restaurant, spa and esthetic salon
- Yokohama Bay Sheraton Hotel & Towers (Kitasaiwai, Nishi-Ku) near Yokohama Station, Japanese restaurant with Sushi and tempra counter, Teppanyaki restaurant, Karaoke room
- InterContinental Yokohama The Grand (Minato Mirai, Nishi-Ku) near Minato Mirai Station, spa, fitness center, business service
- Hotel New Grand (Yamashita-cho, Naka-ku) near Motomachi Chukagai Station, Kyoto-Style Japanese restarurant, Limousine service, General MacArthur stayed.
- Camelot Japan (Kitasaiwai, Nishi-ku) near Subway and JR Yokohama Station, Japaese restaurant, Japanese style room, handicapped room
- RichimondHotel YokohamaBashamichi (Sumiyoshi-cho, Naka-ku) near JR Kannnai Station, Japanese restaurant with soba noodle
- Yokohama Heiwa Plaza Hotel (Ota-cho, Naka-ku) near Bashamichi Station, free internet access, all-you-can-eat breakfast restaurant
- Nishikizushi（Noge-cho,Naka-ku）Sushi restaurant
Tourist spot in Yokohama
Landmark Tower (Minato Mirai, Nishi-ku)
Landmark Tower is the tallest building in Japan and a symbol of Minato
Mirai 21. It has a hotel, various restaurants and shops. You can go up
to the top floor in the world's fastest elevator.