The Tokaido starts from Nihonbashi Bridge which was established in the
Edo period. Nihonbashi was in the center of Edo (present Tokyo) and the
busiest area in Japan. Now, the Tokyo Metropolitan Expressway covers Nihonbashi
Bridge. Nihonbashi is famous for business district which has many financial
institutions such as the Bank of Japan or Tokyo Stock Exchange.
Ginza is located to the west of Nihonbashi. "Gin" of Ginza means silver coins.
In the Edo period, Silver coins were produced in Ginza. Now, there are classy restaurants, fashionable shops, or theaters such as Kabuki-Za in Ginza.
The area from Nihonbashi to Ginza is near the Tsukiji Market (Tokyo Metropolitan Central Wholesale Market). So you can enjoy fresh seafood in this neighborhood.
Nihonbashi in the Edo era (ukiyo-e by Hiroshige)
- Narita International Airport 53 minutes to Tokyo Station by express train
- Haneda Airport (Tokyo International Airport) 25 minutes to Nihonbashi by limousine bus
- JR EAST (East Japan Railway Company) Narita Express service connecting Narita International Airport with main station in and around Tokyo
- JR CENTRAL (Central Japan Railway Company) Bullet train service between Tokyo Station to Shin-Osaka Station
- T-CAT (Tokyo City Air Terminal) located in Nihonbasi, airport limousine bus station
- Airport Limousine Bus-Airport Transport Service
- Tokyo Metro Subway in Tokyo
Local cuisine: Edomae Sushi, Soba, Tempura
- Royal Park Hotel (Nihonbashi-Kakigara-cho,Chuo-ku) near Suitengu-mae Station, next to the Tokyo City Air Terminal, Sushi restaurant, Japanese restaurant, Teppanyaki restaurant
- Yaesu Fujiya Hotel (Yaesu, Chuo-ku) near JR Tokyo Station and Ginza Ichome Station, Japanese restaurant with Sushi Bar
- Hotel Ryumeikan Tokyo (Yaesu, Chuo-Ku) near Tokyo metro Nihonbashi Station and JR Tokyo Station, Japanese shabu shabu restaurant, rental PC.
- Sumisho Hotel (Kobuna-cho, Nihonbashi, Chuo-ku) near Ningyocho Station, Japanese restaurant, Japanese-style bath, Japanese-style room
- Imperial Hotel Tokyo (Uchisaiwai-cho 1-chome, Chiyoda-ku) near Hibiya Subway Station and JR Yurakucho Station, Tokyo-Style Sushi restaurant, Limousine service
- Shangri-La Hotel Tokyo (Marunouchi Trust Tower Main, Marunouchi, Chiyoda-ku) near Tokyo Station, Japanese restaurant, spa and health club
- Four Seasons Hotel Tokyo at Marunouchi (Marunouchi, Chiyoda-ku) adjacent to Tokyo Station, airport greeting and platform greeting and sending service
- Hotel Seiyo Ginza (Ginza, Chuo-ku) near Ginza Itchome Station, Sushi restaurant, Japanese restaurant features formal cuisine
- Hotel Gracery Ginza (Ginza, Chuo-ku) near Ginza Station, JR Shimbashi Station, 24hour's internet service lounge
- Ginza Bellevue Hotel (Ginza, Chuo-ku) near Ginza Station, JR Yurakucho Station, complimentary light breakfast, free internet access in guest room and lounge
- Hotel Metropolitan Marunouchi (Marunouchi, Chiyoda-ku) connected to Tokyo Station, near Shinkansen exit, business center
- Ginza Kyubei（Ginza, Chuo-ku）Sushi restaurant
- Genyadana Hamadaya （Nihonbashi, Chuo-ku）Ryotei, Japanese style restaurant with Geisha party
- Tsukiji Sushiko（Ginza, Chuo-ku）Sushi restaurant
- Yomoda-soba（Nihonbashi, Chuo-ku）Soba and Udon restaurant
- Benkei（Nihonbashi,Chuo-ku）Tempura restaurant
Tourist spot in Nihonbashi and its vicinities
Imperial Palace (Chiyoda, Chiyoda-ku)
The Imperial Palace is the residence of the Imperial family. It was called
Edo Castle, the headquarters of the Tokugawa Shogunate in the Edo period.
The most traditional and elegant Japanese architecture stands out in the